Friday 4 May 2007


The L'Oreal Colour Trophy 2007

Having, many years ago in a previous life, entered a regional heat of the L'Oreal Colour Trophy competition I read with interest that the 2007 Grand Final will be held at Earls Court, London on 21 May. The first L'Oreal Colour Trophy was held in 1954 and less than 20 stylists entered, although I can't claim to have entered the first competition as I was much too young back then! It was during the late 1960s that as a young apprentice hairdresser I entered a regional final of the competition, which was held in Birmingham at the building that is now the Carling Birmingham Academy. I didn't win, but was placed about mid-way down the list of entrants and it was great fun.
You can find plenty of information about the 2007 L'Oreal Colour Trophy here. If you are interested in men's hair fashions, have a look at the News Room link on the site to see the information on the men's catwalk show.

No comments: